Monday, March 30, 2009

Busy and Blessed

It was a busy day today! I was running from 9:30am to 9pm!! And I am tired now. I had a hair appointment this morning and then did a bunch of errands in the afternoon. I came home and then took the boys to get their haircut.

Then came home and made a nummy dinner. This is the first time I have made this- but will definitely be making it again. It is so quick and simple- and has a ton of flavor.


This recipe came from my mom- who is an awesome cook!

Pasta alla Puttanesca

12 ounces pasta noodles
Olive oil
4 garlic cloves – minced
Two 14.5 oz. cans of diced tomatoes-undrained
6 tablespoons capers – drained
½-teaspoon red pepper flakes
8 ounces kalamata olives – roughly chopped
4 tablespoons parsley – chopped
Anchovy paste (optional)
Parmesan cheese – grated (optional)

Heat water for noodles (do not salt). Add the noodles. Meanwhile, in a separate pan heat oil. Add garlic (and anchovy paste) and sauté. Add tomatoes and cook for about 8minutes. Add capers, olives and red pepper flakes. Drain pasta and add to sauce mixture. Top with parsley and grated parmesan cheese.

Enjoy.
..............................
And then I left for a 7pm meeting at the high school about college scholarships... I am really starting to feel old :0) - thinking that my oldest son is talking colleges already--how can this be??? It seems like just yesterday he was in kindergarten...

But the best part of the day was when I got home from the meeting Tyler and I chatted until 11pm. Drew had gone to bed, Pete and Jake were at Jake's hockey and Ty and I just chatted and chatted...and chatted. He (and me too)seems to love that evening time- when the house is quiet and it is just the two of us. We talked about everything from school, to politics, to friends, to God and everything in between. Boy- he is such a great 'kid' with such a great head on his shoulders. It is amazing to see him blossoming and turning into such a fine man. What a blessing!

1 comment:

Gramma said...

Kathie: I read this and it brought tears (of happiness) to my eyes. You are an awesome Mom and you have WONDERFUL kids. I am a blessed Gramma!