Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Memory Lane

Wednesday's Walk Down Memory Lane

Come for a walk with me down Memory Lane!
And if you have a "Memory Lane" post, head on over to Scottsville to join in on the fun!


TV has been filled this past week remembering 40 years ago when the U.S. astronauts landed on the Moon on July 20, 1969... When Neil Armstrong descended from the lunar module and became the first person to walk on the moon...of Apollo 11. (Can you tell I have a bunch of space enthusiasts in my house =0)

Anyway, this coverage has brought back some memories for my boys of when they attended Space Camp. My husband has taken each of the boys to Space Camp when they were in 2nd or 3rd grade. The session they went to was a parent/child program and I am not sure who had more fun, Pete or the boys?! =0)

Tyler went in the summer of 2000 at 8 years old. This camp was held in Cape Canaveral, FL.




Jake went in the summer of 2004, at 9 years old. The location was changed to Huntsville, AL.




Drew went in the summer of 2007, at 9 years old. Same location in Huntsville, AL.




This was a great camp that gave them an overview of space exploration... they got to try real space simulations... built a rocket and launch it...all four boys loved it!

(It was so difficult choosing just a few pictures to put on this post as we have so many great pictures from each of the trips!!)

3 comments:

E @ Scottsville said...

WOW, what an awesome experience for EACH of them!!! I love the 'space cadet' outfit in that very first picture. That is sooo cool!

Thanks for taking my walk with me. =0)

Anonymous said...

It looks like an exciting camp for ANY age…what blessed boys!
Great photos…I know; it is hard to choose just a few.
♥Hope…friend of Erica’s

Cathy said...

How awesome!!! I love space stuff! Great pictures.