Thursday, July 30, 2009

17 pounds of blueberries

Last Saturday, Drew and I picked 17 pounds of blueberries. So, what did we do with all these beautiful berries you ask?



I started by washing, drying and freezing 10+ quarts of blueberries. These are so great to have all winter long for blueberry pancakes and other baking~


And I made some blueberry muffins. This is a Barefoot Contessa recipe and it is so good!


Then I made a blueberry pie. I so love blueberry pie and this turned out absolutely perfect.



And a blueberry coffee cake. This is a Paula Deen recipe and is the first time I have made it- and judging from my family's response- I will definatetly be making this again!


But probably my favorite thing to do with blueberries is to sprinkle them on a big bowl of Cheerios's~



Here is my
Blueberry Pie Recipe:

4 cups fresh blueberries

1/2 cup sugar

1/3 cup flour

1/8 teaspoon salt

1 teaspoon cinnamon

1 Tablespoon lemon juice

2 Tablespoons butter

favorite pie crust recipe


Prepare pastry for 9 inch pie. Mix sugar, flour, salt and cinnamon and stir in blueberries. Pour into pastry lined pie plate. Sprinkle with lemon juice and dot with butter. Cover with pastry and cut slits into it. Brush with milk and sprinkle with sugar. Bake at 45o degrees for 10 minutes and then reduce temperature to 350 degrees for an additional 50 minutes.

No comments: