Sunday, July 26, 2009

blueberry picking

A few weeks ago was strawberry picking time. I spent days canning jam and making other strawberry goodies.

Well, yesterday was blueberry picking time. Drew and I left our house bright and early and picked up my Mom. We met my sister and 2 of her kids at Rush River Produce, a beautiful blueberry farm in Maiden Rock, WI.


Drew picking berries~

My Mom~

My nephew and niece~

Me~



(I lost a lot of great pictures that I took with my DSLR due to memory card problems but luckily I had my point and shoot with me. Unfortunately, I didn't get a pic of my sister or any better ones at the blueberry field.)

Drew holding one of our two boxes~


The grounds of this farm are just so beautiful and I had so much fun just walking around and taking pictures of the scenery, the gardens and the flowers!










We spent close to 4 hours picking blueberries and came home with over 17 pounds of the beautiful blue berries! This is the 2nd summer in a row that I have gone out to this farm and I am already looking forward to next summer's blueberry season.

No comments: