Sunday, July 12, 2009

A Little Yard Work

Today I started a big project that I have been wanting to do for a while now!! Pulling out bushes from the front of our house.... there was a dead lilac bush, a bunch of bushes that I never have liked and were totally overgrown, and a TON of weeds!!!! This is what it looked like before~


And a close up- Yuck!


So, the first step in my project was to rip everything out except for one lilac bush (one that was still alive). I enlisted the troops. =0) Drew helping~


And Jake~


Drew and I working~


Even Bella was working... at running back and forth inside from the front window to the front door to keep on eye on things. Can you see her peeking out the window over Drew's right shoulder? =0)



This is how it looked after everything was cleared out~



_

I still have a lot of work left to do now... I am going to pull all the river rock up, put new landscape fabric down, wash the rocks off, and put a few new plants in. I also want to put a couple of Adirondack chairs under the windows to make a little seating area. The front of our house is the only shade we have and I think it would be nice to have a little sitting spot up front. I am just so happy to have started on this project- sometimes just starting is the hardest part. =0)

2 comments:

Gramma said...

Wow, that makes me tired just reading about it! Looks great though! I will bring the ice tea and sit in one of the chairs when it is over. Just kidding. If you need any help (timing is everything), let me know.

E @ Scottsville said...

Oh, but its going to be so nice when you're done! And even though you were probably tired when you were done, didn't it feel GOOD?

Good job and good luck on the rest of it!