Friday, May 15, 2009

Show us Where You Live- Guest Room Edition


Kelly over at Kelly's Korner is hosting a Home Tour featuring a different room in our house each week. This week we are touring Guest Rooms. This is such a fun tour to participate in!!! It is so nice to take some photos of rooms in my house that don't usually get photographed and it is so fun to everyone else's beautiful homes and get some fresh, new ideas on decorating!

Welcome to my guest room! This is the view when you walk in the door~


And the view opposite the bed~


I am going to stop here and explain that this room used to be just my scrap book room (with a bed in it). Then about a year ago, I inherited this bedroom set from my Grandpa. This bedroom set was the set he had since his wedding day~ so it is very dear and special to me and I am so honored to have it in my home! I really wanted to make it fit and work in my scrapbook room~ and it is a little squishy and not everything matches~ but I love it! The desk and white shelving unit are from Ikea. I love that store!!!

This next picture is a framed needlepoint that my Mom had made. I had this hanging in my room as a little girl and thought it looked perfect in this room.


I really love this room- it is the only room with girly touches that I have in my house full of boys.:) I painted the walls a lilac color, which I absolutely love. And the picture of the Iris' is a favorite of mine~ we picked this up at the Uptown Art Fair, years ago.

I missed the past few weeks of this tour. So here is a quick catch up- My kitchen~


My living room~


And my Great Room looking down from the kitchen~


Thanks for visiting my home.

No comments: