Monday, May 18, 2009

Raspberry and Almond Salad

I made this delicious salad yesterday to go with our dinner. Now that spring/summer is here I am going to try to make a new recipe for a salad at least once a week. This salad turned out great and even the non-salad eaters in my family approved.:)


Salad with Raspberries & Sweet Spiced Almonds

6 cups salad greens
1 3/4 cup raspberries
1/4 c fresh chives
3 T white wine vinegar
2 T honey
1/2 t dijon mustard
1/4 salt
1/8 t pepper

Sweet Spiced Almonds:
1 cup sliced almonds
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 t cinnamon
1/2 t ground cumin
1 egg white,lightly beaten
To make the almonds: Combine almonds and next 4 ingredients. Stir in egg white. Spread mixture evenly onto foil lined baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 325 degrees for 10 minutes. Stir, bake another 15 minutes. Transfer foil to wire rack and cool.

Mix dressing ingredients together.

Toss greens with mixed dressing. Add almonds and raspberries.



____________________________

And just a funny picture I took this evening~


I think I may have a guest blogger.:)

No comments: