Monday, May 2, 2011

prayer for peace

Last night we were watching a movie on DVD when I received a text from Tyler.
I couldn't believe it- Osama Bin Laden was killed?



And this morning, after looking at the front page of the newspaper, reality set in.

IMG_9439


So today as I fly the American flag in front of our house, I pray for peace.

IMG_2146


I pray for peace for our nation.
I pray for peace for the families of the victims of 9/11.
I pray for the leaders of our government, that they might lead with peace.
I pray for peace for our fearless military that defend our country.
I pray for peace....


And I am thinking after all that has happened in the past week with the tornadoes, the flooding, and the killing of Bin Ladin....
that this week is the perfect time for National Day of Prayer! I know I will be there!


You will keep in perfect peace
All who trust in You,
All whose thoughts are fixed on You!
Isaiah 26:3

No comments: