Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day

Since the time I was a little girl

Scan10236a

I played mommy and daydreamed of someday being a wife and mother.

Scan10237

And 19 years ago that dream came true when I became a mom for the first time to a baby boy!

Scan10037

3 1/2 years later my dream came true again with a new bundle of joy.

Scan10288

My dream was complete 2 1/2 years later and I was a mommy to three beautiful boys!

Scan10287

To My Son {all 3 of my boys}

When you were very, very small
I used to dance with you cradled in my arms
You were my precious angel
And holding you close
Love overwhelmed me

Scan10286

I wondered what kind of a life you would lead
What would be your first word, your first job
What kind of man you would become
And if your life would take you far from me

Scan10285

And I'd hold you even closer
Giving you an extra kiss, an extra hug
And whispering "I love you" one more time
Knowing you were too small to remember
But praying you would never forget

Scan10289

There are days when I long to hold you
 in my arms and dance once again

IMG_0892

Although I miss my little boy
I am so proud of the man you will become
My love for you still overwhelms me

IMG_9476

As we both grow older
Please never forget
What you were too small...to remember

{by Kathryn Higginbottom Gorin}

IMG_9326

Ty, Jake and Drew...I love you so much and I am so proud to be your mom!!!

No comments: