Monday, May 9, 2011

mother's day weekend

On Saturday, we headed up to Tyler's college. This is finals week for him and so we wanted to give him a little break by taking him out to lunch and to give him a few hugs of encouragement. :)

We had a nice time visiting over lunch at Leann Chins (which is one of Ty's favorite spots to eat).

IMG_2164

I  also brought him a little tray of some home made goodies.

IMG_9496

Ty and his roommate used lofts in their dorm room to loft their beds off of the ground and these needed to be returned this weekend and they needed to start getting their room ready to move out on Friday.

IMG_2158

So while we were there we packed up a lot of his things that he wouldn't be needing this last week.

IMG_2166

And loaded up the car with his futon, microwave, desk chair and as much other stuff that we could make fit.

IMG_2159

IMG_2161

This should make the move out a little easier on Friday.

IMG_2167

Two brothers. Drew is always so happy when he gets to see Tyler.

IMG_2169

And I am too!
I love my boys!

IMG_2170

And it was so sweet :: Tyler got me a Mother's Day card all on his own! That meant the world to me!

IMG_2174

Sunday morning :: opening my cards.
It is hard to believe, but this is my 20th Mother's Day!!

IMG_2185a

We went to brunch at Axel's in Mendota with my parents and my sister and her family.

IMG_2194

Me and my Mom.

IMG_2186a

My Mom gave me and my sister each a very special tea cup for a Mother's Day gift.
This tea cup is one of set that belonged to my Grandparents.

IMG_2189a

After brunch, our plans were to go home and grab the dog and head over to Lake Harriet and go for a walk. But unfortunately, the weather didn't cooperate and we ended up getting a big rain storm for much of the afternoon. So instead, we had a quiet afternoon and did some reading, I worked on my blog and some emails, and started a new puzzle.

IMG_2204

Around dinner time, the weather cleared up and I took Bella for a quick 2 mile walk around the neighborhood.

IMG_2213

While I was on my walk, Pete went to get us some take-out from Panera Bread.
I got this amazing salad- the Thai Chopped Chicken Salad. It was so big I could only eat half-
 which was a good thing because then I had lunch for today. :)

IMG_2196

After dinner, I picked out one of my favorite movies to watch :: Mama Mia.

IMG_2205

IMG_2210

It was a nice weekend!

No comments: