Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Kay Arthur

This past Friday, two dear friends and I headed down to Rochester, MN
for a "Devoted Hearts Conference" that was being held at a church there.

IMG_2116

We were there to hear Kay Arthur teach. We have done numerous Kay Arthur Precept bible studies and have been fortunate enough to go down to Chattanooga, TN to hear her teach two times before.

IMG_2112

She is an amazing teacher of the bible, giving powerful messages and claiming the truth, with no sugarcoating! I always learn so much from her and we felt so fortunate that she was in our state and we could just make a little car trip to see her!

IMG_2113

This was a two day conference, so we stayed in a hotel in Rochester which was a great idea because it was a late night Friday and an early morning Saturday. My friend, Deb, brought some sweet treats for us!

IMG_2114

Kay's message was "For Such a Time as This".
The scriptures that we went through were
Luke 12:29-57; Luke 19: 11-44; Titus 2:11-14; 1 Peter 1:1-9;
 Jeremiah 25:1-15, 26-33; Jeremiah 42:1-22; Ezekiel 22:1-31; Ezekiel 13: 1-14
The message that we studied is that God is charge of the times.

IMG_2117

My friend Deb having her bible signed by Kay.

IMG_2121

And I had my bible signed, too!

IMG_2125

IMG_9429

This is what Kay wrote in my bible!

IMG_9430

These two friends, Heidi and Deb, are so special to me. We met in an Alpha class over 8 years ago and have been friends ever since! We have been in small groups; we have done many, many bible studies together; and we are prayer warriors for each other. We have been through so much together in each of our personal lives and I feel so very blessed that these two beautiful ladies are part of my life!!

IMG_2131

No comments: