Friday, May 13, 2011

I love Trader Joe's

Yesterday, I was at the book store looking for a different book, when I came across this cookbook that was calling my name.

IMG_9502

I flipped through the cookbook and found quite a few recipes that I would love to try and so I decided that I must get it. Now I just need to figure out what to make first!

Even though the closest Trader Joe's to me is 20 miles away it is one of my favorite little grocery stores and I still manage to make the drive to the store quite a bit. I love the uniqueness of TJ's and I really love poking around the store to find new foods to try. And I also love the prices!

IMG_7793

This is what I came home with from a recent trip to TJ's.

IMG_9115

These are a few of my favorite must haves when I get to the store.
This Sunflower Seed Butter is probably one of my favorite finds and I eat a lot of this on toasted whole wheat sandwich thins. Yum!

IMG_9148

These are good for a quick dinner and they are really quite filling. 
{For both enchiladas the calories are 260 and 8 grams of fat.}

IMG_9124

The whole family likes this Mandarin Orange Chicken.  This is another great idea for a quick weeknight dinner. This is great served with brown rice and brocoli.

IMG_9118

This Gnocci has a really good flavor and texture and can be cooked right in the microwave.
{The serving size is 1 cup, 170 calories, 2.5 grams fat. I usually have about 1 1/2 cups and it totally fills me up.}

IMG_9121

These Fire Roasted Peppers and Onions are so good!!!!! I usually pick up several bags of these at a time and we use them in things like fajitas and quesadillas.

IMG_9127

These Chicken Lime Chicken Burgers are a good alternative to hamburgers and I usually pull one of these out when our family is having burger night.  {Each chicken burger has 150 calories and 6 grams of fat.}

IMG_9129

This is the first time I bought salad dressing. It has a ton of flavor and is still low in fat and calories.

IMG_9134IMG_9137

This Black Bean & Roasted Corn Salsa is so good and is definately something I pick up every time I shop at TJ's.

IMG_9141

Items from another trip to Trader Joe's.
The Roasted Corn is another awesome discovery. We go through bags of this corn.  It has such a unique smokey flavor and it is so good just cooked but is also so good in soups and salads.

IMG_7798

Maybe my only complaint about Trader Joe's is that there isn't one closer to my house! :)

No comments: