Thursday, August 20, 2009

monster zucchini

Oh my gosh- a week away on vacation and I come home to this~



I went out to check on my garden and I found 3 HUGE zucchini!!!

It is a little hard to tell from this photo but these zucchini are really, big- about 15 inches each! I really want to know how they grow so fast?!

My favorite thing to do with zucchini is to slice them up and saute with other vegis---but these are way too big. I think the best thing to do with monster zucchini is to bake with them. We had a cold and rainy day here today which made for a perfect day for baking!

I used part of 1 zucchini to make 2 loafs of bread. This is so delicious!



I think tomorrow I am going to make 2 more loafs of bread to freeze for later, some zucchini bars and maybe a stuffed zucchini for dinner.

Here is my Zucchini Bread Recipe:

2 cups sugar
3 beaten eggs
3 teaspoons vanilla
1 cup oil
3 cups grated zucchini
3 cups flour
1 teaspoon salt
3 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon baking powder

Mix sugar, eggs, vanilla and oil. Stir in zucchini. Add flour, salt, cinnamon, baking soda, and baking powder. Grease 2 loaf pans and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.

No comments: