Monday, June 8, 2009

Guacamole Salad Recipe

This is a recipe I have made many times, it has some spice to it & I love it! You can eat it as is (which is what I do) or as dip with Tostito chips (this is how Drew likes it) or over salad greens with sliced chicken (the way the recipe calls for). Any way you choose, it is good!


Guacamole Salad:

combine:
1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
1 yellow bell pepper, diced
1 can black beans, rinsed (I sometimes add 2)
1/2 cup red onion, diced
1 jalapeno, diced
a handful of fresh cilantro, chopped
2-3 avacados, diced and added before serving

whisk and add to above:
zest of 1 lime
juice of 2 limes
1/4 cup olive oil
1/2 t pepper
1 t salt
1 clove garlic, minced
1/4 t cayenne pepper

May serve on salad greens with grilled, sliced chicken breasts. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Great Auntie D- said...

OH I am SOOOO making this salad tonight!! Thanks.......it looks beautiful and I probably could eat the WHOLE thing by myself. I'll have to about triple it though. We always have so many here-can't get by with just one salad and this one looks delish!!
God Bless ya!!
Sandra

Anonymous said...

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, that looks so good