Sunday, October 11, 2009

pumpkin bliss

**Updated to join in on the Recipe Party that Rhoda at Southern Hospitality is having today.**


It was a cold, fall day today- a perfect day for a little baking!

And nothing says fall to my family quite like a pan of pumpkin bars! My mom has been making these bars since I was a little girl~ these have always been one of my favorite fall treats and are now a favorite of my boys as well! Seriously these are so good and I usually try to make these a couple of times each season!

IMG_2592

Pumpkin Bars

Crust:
1 package yellow cake mix (reserving 1 cup)
1/2 cup butter, melted

Filling:
1 - 15 oz. can pure pumpkin
2 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
2/3 cup evaporated milk

Topping:
1 cup cake mix
1/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 cup butter, softened

Combine crust mixture and press into 13x9 greased pan. Combine filling and pour over crust. Combine topping until crumbly and sprinkle over filling. Bake at 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes.

4 comments:

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Thanks soooo much for this yummy PUMPKIN recipe...I will try it out this weekend for our football party Saturday night. Hope you have a FUN day!

Blessings,
Linda

Unknown said...

WOW..these look good! I'll have to give them a try soon :)

Blessings!
Gail

sweetjeanette said...

This sounds so yummy. And the perfect recipe to a party, or sunday school class fellowship!
Dropping by from Rhoda's recipe party.

sweetjeanette.blogspot.com

Allison Shops said...

The look good. I agree with sweetjeanette, perfect to take to or have at holiday party.