Sunday, October 4, 2009

a book kind of weekend

It has been a cold and rainy weekend~ the perfect kind of weekend to curl up in front of the fireplace with a good book~ and that is just what I did (in between hockey tryouts, baseball games and homecoming events.) =0)

I just finished "Same Kind of Different As Me" by Ron Hall and Denver Moore. This book was so good, I literally could not put it down and it is now on my list of all time favorite books! I loved it!

This book is a true story about "a modern day slave, an international art dealer, and the unlikely woman who bound them together." It was a book that brought tears and deep thought on themes such as prejudice, homelessness, sickness and suffering, forgiveness, friendship and faith.

IMG_2511

This story is a beautiful example of how we all can make a difference in the lives of others! This book is definitely a must read!

1 comment:

Jodi Hughes said...

Thank you for posting a review of “Same Kind of Different as Me.” I work with Thomas Nelson, and we would love to follow your blog and hear what readers think of this exciting book. I also want to let you know that Ron and Denver have just released a new book “What Difference Do It Make?” which updates readers on their activity since the last book came out. Please contact me if you are interested in receiving a complimentary copy of the new book for review on your site.

Thanks!

Jodi Hughes
pubintern@thomasnelson.com