Sunday, September 6, 2009

front yard

I am finally finished!!! We have been working on our front yard project since the middle of July and I am so happy with how it turned out! This is how it looked before we started~

IMG_0002

We began by ripping all but one of the bushes out.

IMG_0028

We then moved all the rock. Washed all the rock. Laid new landscape fabric. Put all the rock back. Bought a few new plants. Went to a landscaping company and picked out a big rock, a bunch of smaller edging rocks, and a few stepping stones.

IMG_0798

We laid some mulch down where I will plant some flowers next spring.

IMG_0810

IMG_0815

IMG_0825

Drew tested out the 'thinking rock'. =0)

IMG_0829

We added some Adirondack chairs. (Next week I am going to paint these chairs a deep burgandy color to match our front door. I will post some pictures after I get them painted.)

IMG_0847

And finally we enjoyed all our work.

IMG_0837

IMG_0850

IMG_0851

IMG_0856

This project was a lot of work- but it was so rewarding to see all the pieces come together and it turned out just like I envisioned it! That is always good!

I am happy!

IMG_0860

2 comments:

Kathy Walker said...

Beautiful! Tons of work but the payoff is obvious! Enjoy!

carissa... brown eyed fox said...

do we ever have something in common!
working hard in our yards!
it's a back killer isn't it! :)

it looks great!

now... sit back in one of your cute adirondack... relax & enjoy!