Tuesday, May 29, 2012

weekend lens {Memorial Day}

Memorial Day weekend had the perfect mixture of fun, relaxation, and family time; which is my favorite kind of weekend!

We had a great time at the Twins game on Friday evening. We were worried about the weather but it turned out to be just perfect!

IMG_2481

IMG_2496

IMG_2487

IMG_2479

Saturday brought rain showers.

IMG_2521

Which made for the perfect day to cozy up in the house and read. {I finally bought this book and was so excited to dig into it. I saw the author, Kate Hopper at the MN Blog Conference last fall and she was fabulous! She teaches mother's "how to write the stories they need to tell".}

Untitled

And time to snuggle up with the dog. :)

IMG_0774

In between the heavy downpours of rain and the thunder and lightening, Jake helped a good friend of his who was working on his project for his Eagle Scout badge. They were planting a garden at their old elementary school. It is kind of neat because they have been friends since they were 3 years old, attending the same preschool. Boy time flies! {photos taken by Teri}

eagle scout 2

eagle scout 3

We enjoyed a trip out to our favorite Mexican restaurant.

Untitled

Sunday we had a family BBQ at my parents house which always includes great company and good food! I brought a '7 Layer Salad'. The recipe is {here}. I haven't had this salad for years and years, and it totally brought me back to my childhood!

IMG_0773

On Monday I finally got my garden planted!!

IMG_2528

It was a great Memorial Day weekend!

Untitled

No comments: