Monday, May 21, 2012

weekend lens :: great food & pretty flowers

My weekend couldn't start out more perfect... with a freshly picked bouquet of my favorite flowers from my favorite 14 year old on his way home from the bus stop.

IMG_0747

Dinner was at Blue Door Pub in St. Paul.

IMG_2391

My very favorite burger in the entire world is the Blue Door Juicy Blucy!

IMG_2396

Another spot that Guy Fieri has left his mark. Last time we saw this mark was {HERE}.

IMG_2392

Saturday was our first of the season visit to the Farmer's Market. Love!

IMG_1634

We bought some pretty flowers for our front baskets.

IMG_2406

Untitled

And some vegi's and herbs to plant in my garden.

IMG_2432

And we couldn't pass up the brats loaded with peppers and onions from the great stand at the Farmer's Market.

IMG_2415

We stopped at Coastal Seafood's in St. Paul to pick up some fish for our dinner.

IMG_2419

My front lilac bush in full bloom. Love.

IMG_2423

Starting the marinade and sauce for the fish tacos for dinner.

IMG_2425

IMG_2427

IMG_2438

IMG_2431

AMAZING!!!!!

IMG_2441

I made Rhubarb Torte with the perfect rhubarb we bought at the Farmer's Market.

IMG_2446

Sunday morning I made Puffy Apple Pancake {Pannekoeken}. This recipe is in our family cookbook which was submitted by my sister. I have made this recipe several times over the years and it is always delicious, super easy to make and a family favorite!

IMG_2463a

While Pete used the smoker grill to smoke some pork shoulders for his amazing pulled pork  sandwiches!! Truly a family favorite!

IMG_2457

IMG_2475

Tyler was in Appleton, WI for the Ultimate Frisbee DIII National Tournament. His team had been favored to win but ended up with a 5th place finish. Still amazing for College Nationals!!!
And more importantly,  it sounds like he had a fun weekend! :)

IMG_0751

 Another weekend where I really, really didn't want Monday to come!!!

{I will post a couple of these recipes later this week. }

No comments: