Monday, April 9, 2012

Easter weekend

Friday evening Pete and I went out to Sea Salt Eatery, a favorite seasonal spot for some fish tacos.

IMG_1564

The line went out the door, which is a sure sign of a great restaurant. :)

IMG_1562

Delicious food

IMG_1569

IMG_1571

in a beautiful setting of Minnehaha Falls.

IMG_1567

Saturday I spent most of the day in the kitchen preparing for Easter dinner. I had the entire day free so I could really enjoy taking my time playing in the kitchen. :)

I made Bunny cakes.

IMG_1578

IMG_1581

IMG_1584

and my favorite Carrot Cake {recipe HERE}

IMG_1598

IMG_1665

Deviled Eggs

IMG_1610

Raspberry Jello Salad {recipe HERE}

IMG_9279

and I got the French Toast Breakfast Casserole {recipe HERE} ready for Easter morning

IMG_1609

Drew worked on coloring the Easter eggs.

IMG_1591

IMG_1593

IMG_1608

Sunday morning we woke the boys up at 10am and enjoyed a family brunch

IMG_1619

and then looked for the Easter baskets. Jake requested the Easter bunny hide his super easy this year because usually he cannot find his and most often just gives up looking for it. :) This year he was very happy to find his first!

IMG_1621

Next was Tyler.

IMG_1625

And Drew finally found his on top of the kitchen cabinets! :)

IMG_1626

The bunny even left me a basket. :)

Untitled

Drew and I worked on making the Gratin Potatoes--these are so good!! {recipe HERE} (This year I didn't add the fennel and  used a combination of cheddar and Gruyere cheeses-- loved this newer version!)

IMG_1640

IMG_1641

and getting the table set

IMG_1573

While Bella stole a Frisbee from Tyler.

IMG_1616

We were so blessed to be able to host Easter and so happy that so much family could join us!

IMG_1653

And since we had everyone together, we also celebrated Jake's birthday a couple of weeks early.

IMG_1655

IMG_1659

IMG_1657

It was such a beautiful day and we were so thankful for all of our family that was able to join us to celebrate Easter and especially thankful that my Dad was doing well enough to join in the festivities!

IMG_1677

And most importantly we are thankful for the true meaning of Easter!

IMG_5657a






No comments: