Saturday, April 28, 2012

Birthday Celebration

Jake turned 17 on Tuesday. It was a school day and so we woke up a little early so that we had time for a special breakfast and time to open presents. His big gift was a new iPhone.

IMG_1945

I made his requested breakfast of Eggs Benedict. {I used Pioneer Woman's recipe for the first time and it was so much easier than my old recipe!! Will definitely use this one again!}

IMG_1926

Perfection!

IMG_1952

IMG_1957

Our family tradition is that the birthday boy or girl gets to choose the meals for the day. For dinner Jake didn't want to go out to a restaurant but wanted to stay home and for me to make crab legs.

IMG_1965

So that is what I made! :)

IMG_1972

IMG_1980

Jake thoroughly enjoyed dinner! (OK, we all did!)

IMG_1984

Make a wish!

IMG_1993

Jake's favorite cake {Jello Poke cake recipe HERE}

IMG_1988

All of that great food made for a very full Jakey! :)

IMG_1987

The birthday festivities continued and last night Jake had a bunch of friends over for a sleepover. The only picture I took was of all the empty pizza boxes. :)

IMG_2058

Happy Birthday Jake!!

No comments: