Saturday, June 18, 2011

summer music

It is summer... and I am enjoying every second. I have always loved summer, but the older I get-- and the older my boys get, I seem to be appreciating this season even more. This summer we have many new fun things planned and mixing those with some of our favorite summer traditions.

One summertime date night we have been doing for the past 5 years or so, is going to 'Music in the Zoo' at the MN Zoo. This is always such a fun and relaxing night and really there is nothing more perfect on a summer evening than listening to some live music outside.

We started the night by meeting friends at a favorite little Mexican restaurant not too far from the zoo.
El Azteca always has great food and great drinks and the service is wonderful. We were so lucky that it was a beautiful night and we could sit out on the patio. Perfection!

IMG_2591




After dinner we headed out to the MN Zoo in time for the concert.

IMG_2594


IMG_2596


We enjoyed some great blues music by Charlie Musselwhite

picnikfile_8Xba6X


IMG_2609


IMG_2610


IMG_2612


and the James Cotton Band.

IMG_2619


IMG_2624


It was such a fun and relaxing night and made me really glad that we booked two shows for this summer. I can't wait to see George Thorogood in August!

No comments: