Friday, June 3, 2011

Friday Favorites

Friday Favorites


Here is some favorite things that put a smile on my face this week.

  •  I recently found this website called bubblesnaps.com   This site lets you upload pictures from your computer or from flickr and then you can play around with adding captions. What is kind of cool and different about this is that you can add multiple captions and the captions scroll on the picture. You can email the finished photo or even blog it. Here is a photo of Ty and Jake when they were much littler, that I had fun with. (Click the blue arrow to start the captions.)




  • The Thai Chopped Chicken salad from Panera Bread is a-m-a-z-i-n-g! And the calories and fat grams are pretty good too! (I actually had this for lunch today!)
IMG_2196

  • The farmers market is another favorite. One of my favorite spring and summer treats is is to head out to one of the many great farmer's markets and see what can be found. I love strolling around with a coffee in hand, and seeing and smelling all of the amazing bounty. It is always fun to watch how the market changes as the season progresses. Last weekend we found rhubarb, asparagus, potted flowers and herbs.

IMG_1634

  • Another thing that put a smile on my face this week was my new little bistro table that I found at Kohl's and it was on sale. I have been wanting a little table for my deck and have already been enjoying it with my morning cup of coffee, a quiet lunch or an evening glass of wine. It is a perfect little spot that I am loving!
IMG_2354

  • Watching my boy play baseball also puts a smile on my face. I love sitting out on a nice summer evening and watching Drew playing a sport he loves.
IMG_9531a

  • Pennies from heaven.


I have 'found' a penny every day this week just laying on the ground in different locations. I really didn't think too much about it until today when I spotted another penny in the gym parking lot. It must be a very lucky week. :)




"Pennies From Heaven" by Billie Holiday
A long time ago
A million years BC
The best things in life
Were absolutely free.
But no one appreciated
A sky that was always blue.
And no one congratulated
A moon that was always new.
So it was planned that they would vanish now and then
And you must pay before you get them back again.
That's what storms were made for
And you shouldn't be afraid for
Every time it rains it rains
Pennies from heaven.
Don't you know each cloud contains
Pennies from heaven.
You'll find your fortune falling
All over town.
Be sure that your umbrella is upside down.
Trade them for a package of sunshine and flowers.
If you want the things you love
You must have showers.
So when you hear it thunder
Don't run under a tree.
There'll be pennies from heaven for you and me.




I am so looking forward to this weekend and the weather is actually suppose to be really nice on Saturday and Sunday so I am planning on taking advantage of that and hopefully find some more favorite things!

Happy Friday!

1 comment:

theUngourmet said...

Great photos! I'm definitely going to try that salad. I love the photo of your son throwing that baseball. ;)