Saturday, October 16, 2010

trader joe's

Recently some friends were talking about Trader Joe's and all the great food that you can get there. I have never been to one before; probably the biggest reason is because the closest TJ is 20 miles from my house.

For the past 4 months, I have been trying to eat healthier (and exercise more)- so TJ's seemed like a good place to go explore and find some new foods.

So the other day I decided to make the trip and see what kind of goodies I could find. And oh my gosh I am so glad I did- it was totally worth the 40 miles I put on my car!

There were so many good (and inexpensive) items- I had trouble choosing just a few things to start with.

I finally settled on a bag of Baked Blue Corn Tortilla chips, Sunflower Seed Butter, frozen Naan, Fresh Bruschetta sauce, Black Bean and Roasted Corn Salsa, frozen Roasted Corn,Soft and Juicy Mango dried fruit and some frozen Black Bean and Corn Enchiladas. I also picked up two different bottles of red wine. I have heard mixed reviews on their wine- but for the price I thought it would be worth a try. I got all of this for under $30.

IMG_7798


I have not tried the wine yet, but the Sunflower Seed Butter is amazing and the enchiladas I will definitely be getting again.

I think I am going to have to make another trip to TJ's in the very near future!!

IMG_7794

No comments: