Monday, October 18, 2010

snapshots from the weekend

This weekend was one of those weekends that was mixed with the perfect amount of fun and relaxation with some beautiful fall weather thrown in.

Friday night Pete and I had date night and went out to one of my new favorite restaurants; Porter Creek Woodfire Grill. I have been here twice now and absolutely love it. I love the dark, cozy atmosphere and the food is amazing!! I got the 'Southwest Chopped Salad' with rotisserie chicken, jicama, red bell pepper, roasted corn, avocado, black beans, tortillas, arugula,chipotle-lime vinaigrette. My mouth is watering just typing those words. Pete got the 'Braised Lamb Shank with Israeli Couscous' which was prepared perfectly. I can't wait to go back soon!

Saturday I took the dog for a four mile walk in the beautiful fall weather and Pete took Drew to get new hockey skates, In the past two weeks we have bought 3 new pairs of soccer cleats and one new pair of skates. Yikes!

IMG00288

IMG_7916

Saturday night Pete and I went to  a MN Wild hockey game and Sunday we went to see Tyler play at his soccer game. We were lucky because his game was an 'away game' for his team that was played here in the cities- so it was nice and close for his fans this time! :) This was a fun game too because one of his old teammates from high school soccer was playing on the opposing team!

I love this picture of the two of them laughing about something out on the field.

IMG_7863

IMG_7871

Ty talking to some of his fans. :)

IMG_2544

IMG_2545

Fun weekend and now we are heading into a short week. Yeah!! The kids have only 2 1/2 days of school this week and we have some fun things planned for the long weekend.

No comments: