Sunday, October 31, 2010

happy halloween

IMG_7958a


This is the first Halloween that I have had none of my kids trick-or-treating. The first time since Tyler started trick-or-treating 16 years ago, when he was almost 3 years old. Yikes. This is another reminder to me how fast time is going and how big my kids are getting.

None of my kids needed costumes this year but Pete and I got dressed up for a Halloween party last evening. We totally kept it simple and easy. This year I did not feel like putting a lot of time or money into costumes but I thought our costumes were right in line with our hockey loving family.

IMG_2646


This weekend was Drew’s hockey tryouts. He had one session Friday, two on Saturday, and two today. He is done and I am so glad. Now the waiting begins to see which team he makes. I hate this part of hockey season!!!!

IMG_7968

Tonight we did our usual Halloween dinner of Papa Murphy pizza (love their Vegie Delite pizza) and answered the door to our trick-or-treaters. Unfortunately, it was a very quiet night for trick-or-treating. In some past years we have had over 150 kids, this year we only had 40, which unfortunately means a ton of leftover candy. I was so good this year and didn’t buy our candy until today- which means many less days of temptation. :) And I told myself that I would enjoy just one serving of my favorite candy for dessert tonight and that would be it- no more Halloween candy for me. (I have lost 30 pounds over the past few months and want to keep it that way!! :)



This evening I also made some pumpkin bread and muffins for the family. This bread smells amazing while it is baking and the kids absolutely love this recipe.

IMG_7969


Pumpkin Bread

3 cups sugar
1 cup canola oil
4 eggs
15 oz. canned pure pumpkin
2/3 cup water
1 1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon nutmeg
3 1/3 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking soda

Mix all ingredients together and pour into greased pans. Bake at 350 degrees.
2 loafs (1 1/2 hours)
8 small loaves (45 minutes)
3 small loaves (20 minutes)

No comments: