Saturday, August 20, 2011

sailing

Thursday night, I met two of my friends for a fun evening filled with dinner, a walk and a lot of talking. We headed to Minneapolis for dinner at Risotto, a cute little Italian restaurant that specializes in risotto. :) After dinner, we headed down the road to Lake Calhoun, for an awesome evening walk.


These two friends are always a breath of fresh air to me and I am so blessed by their friendship.

Recently, I stumbled upon a blog that I have really been enjoying about health and fitness, and is very motivational and inspirational. Not too long ago, 'Fit This Girl' had a post about a day of sailing and her words were so powerful and with her permission I am quoting her post.

Lessons learned sailing:

"Not everyone in your boat has the same goals as you.
Not everyone wants to go the same way,
some people will want to tip the boat or fall out on purpose, others want to sail by the rules.
We don't always get to choose the people in our boat, but we can choose how we respond to them!
........
You can't always choose the people in your boat.
Not everyone will have your same goals
Not everyone will want to do what you want to
Some people will want to capsize the boat over and over
Some people will fall out and cause delays
Some people will try hard and sail by the rules
The wind doesn't always take us where we want to go
Often we have to work hard despite the wind, circumstances and people around us to reach our goals!"

IMG_8431

I am so thankful for those people in my life that keep my boat steady!

No comments: