Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Peanut Butter Pie

A couple of weeks ago, as we were just coming home from a little vacation, I saw that Twitter and some of the blogs that I follow were all a buzz about something called 'pies for Mikey' (#piesformikey). I quickly found out the very sad reason why. A popular food blogger had lost her husband suddenly to a heart attack. He was so young and it is all so very sad!

The blogging community quickly responded and wanted to know how they could help Jennie and what they could do to support her and her family- which is so completely amazing and awesome! {You can read her entire post here.}

She responded;  "As I spend Friday reflecting on the love and life that was gone in an instant, I'd like to invite all of you to celebrate his life too. Mikey loved peanut butter cream pie. I haven't made it in a while, and I've had it on my to-do list for a while now.


I kept telling myself I would make it for him tomorrow. Time has suddenly stood still, though, and I'm waiting to wake up and learn to live a new kind of normal. For those asking what they can do to help my healing process, make a peanut butter pie this Friday and share it with someone you love. Then hug them like there's no tomorrow because today is the only guarantee we can count on."

This story brought tears and touched me on so many levels.

And so, yesterday, I made Jennie's recipe for Peanut Butter Cream Pie. {And it was awesome!}

IMG_0148

And shared it with the one's I love. You can bet it was made with extra love.

IMG_0062

I am so thankful for this beautiful reminder of hugging your loved ones like there is no tomorrow!
Love you with all my heart! xo

No comments: