Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Tacos and a Heat Wave

We stopped at a new little place for lunch today. Rusty Taco in St. Paul has been open for a few months and we have heard a lot about this taco shop and couldn't wait to try it.

The menu  is very simple and is made up of 12 different kinds of tacos and they also have sides of chips with pico de gallo, guacamole, salsa and queso.

IMG_0804


We stuck with the tacos today and tried the black bean taco, the chicken fajita taco, the roasted pork taco and the fish taco. The black bean was fabulous with a great combination of flavors and the fish taco was our other favorite. These are small tacos and you can easily eat 2-3 for a meal but at $2.50 each it is really pretty reasonable. This was a great little restaurant and one I know we will be stopping back at.
IMG_0801a


I other news, Minnesota (along with a lot of the country) has been under an 'excessive heat warning' since Saturday and it looks like we will have one more hot day tomorrow before we have a little relief. All I can say is that I am SO thankful that our old air condition broke when it did and we were able to get a new AC installed before this heat wave! This is a snapshot from my phone earlier this afternoon. Yikes!

IMG_0806a


As much as I don't enjoy this extremely hot and humid weather, my little garden seems to be loving it! I went out to peek at it this evening and I think my tomato plants grew a couple of feet in just a week.

IMG_3234

Stay cool, everyone! :)

No comments: