Saturday, July 30, 2011

blueberry goodness

Last week we picked 23 pounds of blueberries.
There is nothing like fresh picked berries! 
And with 23 pounds of blue goodness, I could hardly wait to start using these beautiful berries!

IMG_9700

I began with freezing 11 quarts of blueberries. This is always such a treat to pull out of the freezer for the rest of the year (especially in the middle of the winter) and use for blueberry pancakes, on top of cereal, or to make a pie.

Then I made one of Drew's favorites:
Granite Steps Country Blueberry Coffee Cake:
recipe from Paula Deen.
Recipe can be found HERE.

IMG_9707

I made my Mom's Blueberry Sauce recipe,
which is amazing on top of vanilla ice cream or cheesecake!
Recipe is HERE.

IMG_9715


I also made our favorite Blueberry Muffin recipe.
Recipe is HERE.

IMG_9733


And I made a Blueberry Pie
(with homemade crust and all)!!
This recipe can be found HERE.

IMG_0592


But I think my favorite way to enjoy the berries is on top of my morning cereal! Really, there is nothing better than fresh berries in your breakfast bowl!

IMG_9705


Delicious!

No comments: