Wednesday, July 14, 2010

frisbee

Today was one of the hottest days that I can remember in a very long time here in Minnesota. And we had some really wild weather today too, with a possible tornado touch down in our town. Last I heard it was 94 degrees- which is hot- but it was the humidity that made it almost unbearable. The dew point was 78, which made it feel like 110 degrees! Yikes! I normally love the heat, but even this was too hot for me, so I completely wimped out and stayed home tonight from Drew's baseball game. (Bad mommy:)

So since there was no baseball tonight I thought I would do a post about another sport- Ultimate Frisbee.

Tyler's latest passion this spring and summer has been a totally new sport to him- and he absolutely loves it.

We went to see his last tournament and I took a ton of pictures. I am not sure I understand this game- but it sure was a blast to watch!

IMG_6479

I love their homemade jerseys!

IMG_6479

IMG_6509

IMG_6507

IMG_6484

IMG_6542

IMG_6546

IMG_6558

After the second game, the other team grabbed a keyboard and guitars and sang a song to Tyler's team...something about losing I think. Very funny!!

IMG_6584

This is such a fun, laid back sport and so refreshing after all the years of traveling and varsity sports we have been involved in. The kids were having so much fun- and that is really what sports should be- fun.

2 comments:

He & Me + 3 said...

I had friends that used to play that game. It does look so fun. Love their shirts too and the two different colored socks too. FUN

MollyinMinn said...

I just love that huddle picture. They look like a great group of kids!