Monday, July 12, 2010

blueberry picking

It seems like forever since I have blogged. Life gets so busy sometimes and it is sometimes hard to find the time to blogging but I still have been taking a lot of pictures-- so I think soon I may do a "summer review" post just so I have a memory of our summer so far.... (Summer is going way too fast!!!)

So I am just going to jump right back in and start blogging again---because I miss it!

This past Friday, Drew and I loaded into my car and went to pick up my mom to head to Wisconsin for some blueberry picking. This is the 3rd year in a row that we went to this beautiful blueberry farm- and I think I love it more each year we go! It is a little bit of a drive to get to Maiden Rock,WI, but it is so worth it! It is such a scenic drive on some quaint country roads, which just adds to the beauty of the day.

This year Drew and I picked 15 pounds of blueberries. (We were hoping to pick a couple more pounds this year but it was so hot that we stopped at that.  There is always next year :)

IMG_7154

IMG_7139


IMG_7127

IMG_7136

IMG_7129

IMG_7142


IMG_7144


IMG_7135


IMG_7151


After several hours of blueberry picking, we stopped for some lunch in Red Wing at the historic St.James Hotel.
IMG_7155


Look at that cute little rooftop patio.

IMG_7156


Then home to freeze the berries and to do some baking.

IMG_7166

No comments: