Monday, August 20, 2012

weekend lens {arrivederci}

This was one of those very rare weekends in that I actually was not ready for it to arrive.

Friday was my second surgery in dermatology. I had the other Basal Cell Carcinoma removed from back and this went so much easier than the previous surgery. This spot was more superficial and so they were able to do something called 'electrodesiccation and cutterage' and no stitches were needed! Yay! While there, they also took the stitches out of my arm from the previous surgery two weeks ago. I ams so glad to have that all finished!!

Saturday, we had a little going away party for Tyler. I had invited some family over for an Italian dinner and so everyone could have a chance to visit with Ty and wish him well on his adventures.

Untitled


IMG_4246

My sous chef- Drew the amazing cheese grater! :)

IMG_4253

IMG_4266

It was a nice afternoon and I think Tyler truly appreciated being able to visit with everyone.

IMG_0005

Tyler with his grandparents.

IMG_4261

The crew downstairs.

IMG_4259

I made a new recipe for an ice cream dessert that was so good! {I will post this recipe later.}

IMG_4242

Sunday morning, I made Ty his favorite breakfast of chocolate chip pancakes. One last home cooked meal until Christmas!

IMG_4299

Tyler got a kick out of all the things that others thought that he had to take on his trip. Grandma insisted on a raincoat and a watch. :) His best friends mom gave him a bag of mints in case he ever had some bad food. :) And I packed him 2 pens. He hates pens and only wanted to bring mechanical pencils. :)

IMG_4304

Suitcases all packed.

IMG_4328

IMG_4336

Time for some family pictures.

IMG_4310

IMG_4341

IMG_4356

And then it was off to the airport.

IMG_4357

IMG_4358

IMG_4359

IMG_4360

IMG_4361

Arrivederci Tyler! Safe travels!
We love you and miss you, and can't wait to visit in October!!

No comments: