Tuesday, July 3, 2012

raspberry picking

I have been wanting to pick raspberries for years. The season overlaps the strawberry and blueberry picking seasons but this year I was determined to make it work. :)

Early Monday morning, my Mom and I braved the heat and humidity and headed out to Lorence's Berry Farm.

IMG_3004

This was the first time I have been out to this farm and was super impressed by the quality of the berries & the friendliness of the workers. I also loved that there were not a ton of people out here which made for a peaceful, quiet setting- perfect for an early morning. :)

IMG_2975

My Mom picking her berries.

IMG_2977

I picked 7 1/2 pounds of berries.

IMG_2986

That afternoon I made some raspberry jam.

IMG_2989

IMG_2993

And froze most of the remaining berries to enjoy later.

IMG_0900

My only regret was that the heat was so bad that we were forced to end earlier than we wanted. I am thinking I might have to venture back out later this week for some more berry picking. :)

No comments: