Tuesday, October 4, 2011

25 Years Ago

October 3rd 1986; was a cool, fall Friday and the beginning of ‘Little Sibs’ weekend at our college campus. I was a freshman, and had only been at school for a little over a month, so I was excited that my little sister and her friend would be visiting for the weekend.

That evening, we headed over to ‘Sneakers’, a dance bar/restaurant that was on campus. This was where most of the freshmen hung out on the weekends.

I remember dancing with a group of friends including my sister and her friend. We just sat down at a table to take a little break when this boy walks up and asks me to dance. We danced to one song and then I was going to go back to my sister, but the music changed to a song that I absolutely loved. So we started dancing to this song as well and I asked the boy if he knew who sang this song because I didn't know and no one else ever seemed to know. He did!


I am so glad that Pete asked me to dance 25 years ago! And I am so glad that I said yes!

Scan10310


We don’t normally celebrate this date, but Pete surprised me last night with 25 roses and an impromptu date night! Such a sweetheart!


{Time has just flown by and I can't believe that it has been 25 years!}

No comments: