Friday, January 1, 2010

welcome 2010

IMG_4770

There is something so refreshing and exciting about starting a new year. It is a day to look back and a day to look forward. A day to set new goals and make resolutions.

I have seen on a couple different blogs ( here and here) that suggest that instead of making those New Year's resolutions, to choose instead, a word or a saying to focus on for the year. I love this!

I have done New Years resolutions in years past and know they really don't work for me. But I really like the idea of choosing a word. A word or phrase to focus on; to help you remember what changes or goals you are working towards.

There are so many good words to choose from; but the word that has resonated with me and that I keep coming back to is 'intentional'.

in⋅ten⋅tion⋅al  /ɪnˈtɛnʃənl/  Spelled Pronunciation [in-ten-shuh-nl]
–adjective: done with intention or on purpose; intended: an intentional insult.

I want to become more intentional this year, to be more purposeful with my day and what I spend my time on. I want to become more intentional on my prayer time, family time, my schedule, diet and exercize...

So as I pull out my new journal and weekly planner for 2010

IMG_4797

I am going to be more intentional with how I spend my day.
And what does make it onto my schedule will be done with purpose.

IMG_4803

Happy New Year! Welcome 2010!

1 comment:

Tina Vega said...

That is seriously the best New Year's picture EVER!!

There's something about a new journal and planner that gives me goose bumps :) Here's a great page I used for inspiration in creating my own ONE WORD scrapbooking layout:
http://scrapbooklady.typepad.com/katie_the_scrapbook_lady/2009/01/one-word-memory-monday-january-19-2009.html

I'll be sharing that and a couple of other New Year's ideas at the faithbooking crop this weekend. (I should have them up on the blog shortly after!)