Saturday, August 2, 2014

A Piece of Childhood

It is the end of an era. :) I finally talked bribed Pete into selling our old Rainbow swing set. Over the past many years, each time I have brought up selling the swing set Pete has been very adamant about keeping it. I am not really sure why he has been not willing to let it go but I have always just let it be.

Our boys are now 22, 19 and 16... and so it has been many years since this has gotten in real use.

This summer when I brought up selling the swing set I told Pete that he could use that money to buy the new grill that he has been coveting and needing. Well, that must have done the trick, because a week later the swing set was sold and going to a new family with a couple of little boys that I am sure will love it as much as ours did!

IMG_2427

Jake and Drew and the brand new swing set in the backyard at our old house. Spring of 1998.

IMG_1182

The boys watching the movers take down the swing set to move to the new house. Spring of 1999.

IMG_1183

Tyler and Jake at the new house. Summer 2000.

IMG_1184

Yep, I think they have outgrown it! Summer 2014.

IMG_2437

Ribbet collage

I do have to say that this has been a little bittersweet. While I am happy to have a big piece of our yard freed up and happy to see this going to another home with little boys-- it has been a little sad to say good-bye to a big piece of the boys childhood.

IMG_2431

No comments: