Friday, July 25, 2014

Blueberry Pickin'

This is always one of my favorite days each summer. Blueberry picking day. This is the 9th year in a row that I have made the hour and 15 minute drive to Maiden Rock, Wi to the Rush River Produce Farm. It is a beautiful scenic drive along Lake Pepin and the farm itself is equally gorgeous.

IMG_2383

This was the first year that I didn't have my wingman. Drew has always been my faithful helper-- but this year schedules and weather didn't line up. He was very much missed but I did meet up with my Mom and my sister and her kids for a morning of berry picking.

IMG_2388

IMG_2396

IMG_2397

IMG_2398

IMG_2384

IMG_2387

IMG_2389

IMG_2392

IMG_2390

2 boxes equalled about 18 pounds of berries.

IMG_2401

I froze most of the berries, but not before I made some of our favorite Blueberry Muffins. {recipe}

IMG_2405

And tried a new recipe for 'The Best Ever Blueberry Coffee Cake with Lemon Glaze {recipe}
which was amazing and one that I definitely will be making again.

IMG_2415

And of course our favorite Blueberry Pie {recipe}.

image

Now the challenge is to make the frozen berries last until the next picking season! :)

No comments: