Monday, June 9, 2014

Weekend Lens

Summer weekends are always my favorite, and this one was no exception. Our weekend in words and pictures- and in no particular order.

We attended some graduation parties. We went on a shopping trip at Mall of America. I was invited to an If:Table gathering and met some new ladies, had great conversation and tasted some delicious food.

Pete and I enjoyed dinner and cocktails on the patio of Vivo in Apple Valley. It was our first time here since it opened and we thoroughly enjoyed our evening.

I love this quote taken from Vivo's website:

"In a home, the kitchen is the spot where families gather, parties migrate, and food draws friends around. That’s also the spirit of Vivo kitchen: we are a place to come as you are. We use local, seasonal ingredients to prepare food that’s delicious without being mysterious.* Vivo translates as “life” — and that is what we want every guest to experience to the fullest. We look you in the eyes, care for you personally, and make you feel as welcome as if you are in our home. Because, for us, a kitchen is the heart of a home — and great hospitality is the heartbeat."

This reminds me of a book that I have read recently called 'Bread & Wine'. This was a fabulous book about the 'celebration of food and of the joy found in life around the table.'

Untitled

I cut some lilacs to brighten up my 'officina'.

Untitled

My favorite.

Untitled

I made some chocolate chip pancakes for the boys for breakfast.

Untitled

A new toy was brought home for Bella. 
(We finally found a brand that she won't immediately destroy!!)

Untitled

A new bed was delivered for Tyler. 
(I may be a little jealous of his ultra comfortable, memory foam mattress. :)

IMG_1854a

We made a trip to Morelli's to purchase some ingredients for dinner

Untitled

of homemade pasta

Untitled

Untitled


Untitled

and the most delicious Italian Sausage Tomato Alfredo sauce {recipe here}

Untitled

The pasta dinner and the gelato dessert had us reminiscing about our trip to Italy.

Untitled

Good food, good conversations, good memories, good weekend!

No comments: