Monday, September 24, 2012

weekend lens {apple orchard & some cooking}

This past weekend was one of those perfect Fall weather weekends. We took advantage of the cooler temps and had an evening bonfire {which I may have worn a winter coat and my Ugg boots.}

Untitled

I harvested a ton of tomatoes from my garden.

Untitled

I chopped a bunch of them and seasoned them with garlic, olive oil, salt, pepper, oregano and a touch of sugar and roasted them in the oven for about an hour at 400 degrees.

IMG_1123

After they were done roasting I threw some basil fresh from my Mama's herb garden. We had this over ravioli~ so delicious!!

IMG_1130

Pete, Drew and I made our annual trip out to Pine Tree Apple Orchard. We have been going to this orchard since Tyler was a baby, and I think we have only missed a couple of years. This has become a fun family tradition that always brings back lots of memories.

IMG_4543

IMG_4551a

IMG_4562

We took a tractor ride through the orchard.

IMG_4564a

IMG_4547

IMG_4576

And grabbed two bags of delicious Fall apples and some other bakery goodies.

IMG_4581

IMG_4583

I made  Pioneer Woman's 'Spicy Pop Pulled Pork.'  A very easy recipe that I threw in the crock pot and was delicious.

IMG_4587

IMG_4590

I also made an apple pie using {this recipe} which always turns out so good!

IMG_4591

IMG_1102

IMG_1105

IMG_1109

A great Fall weekend.

No comments: