Sunday, February 13, 2011

project 365 {29-35}

Day 29

365/29a

Semester grades came out and Jake earned higher than a 4.0! He has been working so hard at absolutely everything he is doing- between school and AP classes to high school hockey where he spends 3 hours after school every day at practice! We couldn't be more proud and decided to give him a little reward for all his hard work!  And nothing speaks to a teenage boy's heart quite like fast-food gift cards! :)
***

Day 30

365/30a

Drew holding his DNA model project for science class.
***

Day 31

365/31a

A very cold winter day seemed like the perfect day to make a batch of chocolate chip cookies.
{My recipe for perfect chocolate chip cookies can be found here.}
***

Day 32

365/32a

A yummy salad that I made for dinner with just a bunch of things I had in my fridge:
spring mix greens, tomato, broccoli slaw, red pepper, red onion, turkey lunch meat, sunflower seeds and  drizzled with my new favorite- 'strawberry basil balsamic vinegar'.  Delicious!!
***

Day 33

365/33a

Pete is definitely the handyman around our house and he can fix almost anything. On this day his skills were greatly tested by Jake and Drew. Drew had a broken Kindle. And Jake brought home some pieces of his goalie gear that needed fixing- a strap on his leg pad came off and the string in his glove had broken. Thank goodness we have our very own handyman!! :)
***

Day 34

3654/34a

Breathtaking sunrise.
***

Day 35

365/35a

Jake and I were chatting in the living room on a very cold evening and as I was complaining about being frozen he was sitting there in his normal year round attire- shorts and a t-shirt. I asked him how he could not be cold and his answer to me was; "I am a Minnesota boy."  Makes sense to me.
{picture taken with phone in very low light}

No comments: