Sunday, October 27, 2013

{life lately}

Untitled

Happy that Jake was home for a full week for "Fall Break'. It was so nice to have him back in the house and give him a little TLC. He came home very tired from mid-terms and with a bad throat infection. So between the antibiotics, extra sleep and some mama home-cooking he is all ready to get back in the swing of things at school.  :) College takes a lot out of a guy!

Enjoying the beautiful Fall season! Fall has always been my favorite season with the cooler weather, the gorgeous tree colors, trips to the apple orchard, nature walks, college football games.... and  I am soaking every bit of the season in.

Tasting some old and new favorite pumpkin recipes. Pumpkin Bars are always a family favorite and one that I have been making for years. And this Chipotle Pumpkin Soup recipe is one that I will definitely be making again! Delicious!

So pleased that my recent appointment with my cardiologist brought good news in that my echocardiogram showed that my heart function is now at 95%, up from 55% just a year ago! Extremely thankful that the medications are working.

Looking forward to a fun month in November... with a weekend trip to Notre Dame (which includes a football game), a visit and a football game at SJU, celebrating a bunch of birthdays and of course Thanksgiving! I am also looking forward in starting a project that documents '30 days of Thanks' that I will share here starting the first of the month.

No comments: