Thursday, March 21, 2013

a magnet

This morning I had an appointment for a cardiac MRI and I have been a bit nervous about it. (A couple of months ago I had a CT scan of the heart and for that test they had to slow my heart rate down using medication in an IV in order to take the pictures that were needed. I was so out of it and really didn't feel well for the rest of the day.) So remembering that appointment and my dislike of doctor's offices in general and my worrying tendencies; I was really not looking forward to this appointment. :)



But God is good! This morning as I opened my Jesus Calling devotion book to today's date, this is an excerpt of what was written on that page: "Trust Me and don't be afraid, for I am your strength and Song... My power is absolutely unlimited! Human weakness, consecrated to Me, is like a magnet, drawing my Power into your neediness. However, fear can block the flow of my strength into you. Instead of trying to fight your fears, concentrate on trusting me..."

I am always so amazed and absolutely love when these 'coincidences' happen and the exact words that I need to hear are shown to me! These words could not have been more perfect for me today and totally gave me peace.

First, I needed to trust God and not to be afraid. And the words: "Human weakness, consecrated to Me, is like a magnet, drawing my power into your neediness" kept playing in my mind as I was laying in that MRI machine for 45 minutes. So comforting and I felt at total peace. I was giving God my fear and He was giving His power to me, like a magnet! So amazing! God is good!

See, God has come to save me. I will trust in him and not be afraid. The Lord God is my strength and my song; he has given me victory. With joy you will drink deeply from the fountain of salvation. 
Isaiah 12:2-3


No comments: