Tuesday, January 15, 2013

one little word 2013 {heart}

I love this quote from Ali Edwards: "A single word can be a powerful thing. It can be the ripple in the pond that changes everything. It can be sharp and biting or rich and soft and slow. From my own personal experience, it can be a catalyst for enriching your life."

I began pondering my one little word back in December, and I had many words tossing about in my head (because really there are so many great words out there that could be brought into my life), but none that felt just right to me. Past years words have been intentional in 2010 & experience in 2011.

After thinking for several weeks on what my one little word would be for 2013,  the word {heart} kept coming up over and over to me in different ways. And I just knew this was the word that I wanted to focus on in my life this year.

Definition of {heart}: noun /härt/ 
A hollow muscular organ that pumps the blood through the circulatory system by rhythmic contraction and dilation. 
 The region of the chest above the heart
- holding hand on heart for the Pledge of Allegiance
 The heart regarded as the center of a person's thoughts and emotions, esp. love or compassion
- he poured out his heart to me
 One's mood or feeling
- they had a change of heart
 Courage or enthusiasm
- they may lose heart as the work mounts up
 The central or innermost part of something
- right in the heart of the city
 The vital part or essence
- the heart of the matter
 A conventional representation of a heart with two equal curves meeting at a point at the bottom and a cusp at the top
 One of the four suits in a conventional pack of playing cards, denoted by a red figure of such a shape

Synonyms:
cardiac, core, soul, courage, mind, spirit






The word {heart} has special meaning to me this year and has come up in so many bible verses, daily devotions, bible studies, quotes, and my own recent heart diagnosis; that I am just so excited to see how relevant this word is and where it will take me.

No comments: