Monday, November 26, 2012

weekend lens :: two views

Thanksgiving was over and the leftovers were just barely put in the refrigerator when our weekend started bright and early Friday morning.  Drew had a weekend hockey tournament in Roseau and had to be at the rink at 8am to catch the bus that would take the team and the parents on the 7 hour trip up north.

Pete and Drew's weekend was a lot of fun; with a lot of team socializing, 5 hockey games, Drew scoring a bunch of goals including a hat trick in the final game, and a 3rd place finish.

IMG_6541

IMG_6569

IMG_6558

IMG_6572

IMG_6577

IMG_6586

IMG_6593

IMG_6605

IMG_6613

My weekend view was completely different and absolutely what I needed. I had not been feeling well for about a week and after hosting Thanksgiving I really needed a quiet weekend. For three full days, I didn't leave the house at all and spent my time reading magazined, watching HGTV and the Food Channel, watched our high school play in the State Championship Football game on TV, did a bunch of blogging, played some Scrabble games with Jake... and just refreshed my soul. Exactly what I needed and I felt so much better by Sunday evening.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Two different views for the same weekend...which turned out to be a perfect weekend for all.

No comments: