Monday, November 28, 2011

O Christmas Tree

Thanksgiving weekend was super busy with hosting Thanksgiving dinner, hockey, work, and me not feeling real well... but it has been our tradition for years to put up our Christmas tree on Thanksgiving weekend. And with Tyler home for the weekend, I really wanted to make sure we took the time as a family to decorate the tree.

I always start by putting up the garlands and the poinsettia flowers and then it is the boys turn. The boys each have their own box of ornaments that is filled with the special ornaments that they receive each year for Christmas. Every year I pick out a special ornament for each boy that has some meaning to them from the past year. {You can look HERE at a post from last year on some of my favorite ornaments.}
IMG_0451

IMG_0453

IMG_0456

IMG_0459

IMG_0462

IMG_0468

After the boys were done hanging their ornaments I added a few finishing touches. :)

IMG_0482

IMG_0491

And our family Christmas tree was done!

IMG_0498

No comments: